BodMasta wrote:Read through, but pretty tired (5am) so will respond fully tomorrow.
Just a three quick things.
1. How are quests going to work? Meaning if all mob are grouped individually does that mean someone would need to kill groups of 5 mob per Item required? Or will the adventuring areas still have mob bunched up for easier access?
2. Will you also be adding props? (Didn't see it mentioned in post) Like the WatchTowers that are currently planned in place of the random Blacksmith found in the desert.
3. Any plans of adding mini-bosses in these grounds or even further into the "Adventure" zone with some nice Normal/Rare gear.
Think you have done a great job here, and put a lot of thought into this (doesn't feel/look rushed).
Will bring in many factors/excitement throughout the "Levelling Grounds" and overall will be good not to see the same mob within the same area constantly.
1. When I say grouped, I don't mean that when you pull one you pull them all. I meant they will be nearby 4 or 5 similar type mobs instead of in masses of 20 like they are now. The leveling area mobs will all be able to be pulled individually. In addition at least 90% of mobs in the desert as a whole will be able to be pulled individually. Soloing is the primary goal here. There will still be a small handful of group oriented activities though where you will be dealing with more than one mob at a time.
2. Props will be added. Phase II will involve both implementing individual quests and creating mob camps with types you would expect to see in organized groups (gnolls, goblins, lizard people) in levels of complexity from a few mobs at an encampment up to 20 mobs defending a structure. In addition our two group dungeons will have defensive structures built around them (imagine a crumbling stone maze around cata leading to an inner graveyard where you'll find the portal). I plan to leave mostly aggroless paths for adventurers to discover and travel to get to individual adventures quicker as well as a few groups of leveling mobs peppered here and there. This should entirely fill the desert. Once Phase II is finished the desert should really come "alive" with props, mobs and quests, but we will be able to take a look around at that point and decide where further 'beautification' can take place.
3. Every group will have at least one "Stronger mob" wether its a prime mob/mini-boss or other. Lesser mobs drop inferior gear, "stronger mobs" drop normal gear. There will be very few opportunities to get rare gear and only in the most highly complex of adventures at the discretion of Admin.