TABLETS

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TABLETS

Postby Johnson » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:42 pm

Ok so I'm looking at getting a new tablet but I'm kinda stuck between some. Right now I have the iPad 1 and am wanting something different. So far I've looked at the asus transformer prime, iPad 3 and the windows 8 tablets that are coming out. The transformer prime looks awesome and seems to be great. And the iPad seems cool too. The windows 8 tablets look awesome too, but arnt coming out for a while. Which one do y'all think I should get
I likes me some turtlesI like turtlesI LIKE TURTLESi like turtlesi like turtlesI like turtlesI like turtlesI like turtles I like turtles I LIKE TURTLESI LIKE TURTLES I like turtles
Johnson

Re: TABLETS

Postby Maroach17 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:55 pm

The IPad to me would be the choice. Just overall quality is there and you know it will do well. Never tried the others, but I really have never been disappointed by any apple products.
Maroach17

Postby Hex » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:00 pm

iPad for sure.

Moved to off-topic.
Hex

Postby Ritualist » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:02 pm

Personally I only have tried Galaxy Tab 7.7 tablet a few months back and it was horror compared to iPad 1, not even saying a word about 2. I heard Asus Prime is very fast and ICS is a big leap forward, but I'm still gonna stick to my iOS just for a few apps like Air Video alone. Sure there are similar apps on Android store, but comparing something like iOS Screens to an Android VNC is a joke IMO.
After all it depends what you want it to do.

Also where the heck is that Jailbreak :lol:
I need a new theme lol
Ritualist

Postby Johnson » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:09 pm

Ok thanks
I likes me some turtlesI like turtlesI LIKE TURTLESi like turtlesi like turtlesI like turtlesI like turtlesI like turtles I like turtles I LIKE TURTLESI LIKE TURTLES I like turtles
Johnson

Postby Nekkadys » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:53 pm

I own both the iPad 2 and the Transformer Prime... so let me break this down just a bit.

1. iPad 2 (or in your case, the iPad 3). Frankly, it just works and works well. My entire family has either iPhones or iPod Touches and these days, with Photostream and iCloud, using these devices in tandem is completely effortless. MOST every task I'd wish to perform on these devices is extremely intuitive. But some small things here or there make their use frustrating. For instance, if you find a pic you like on the web and you want to copy it's web address, it's NOT straight forward at all. Just one example out of a few. My iPad 2 was very well constructed, had held the test of time with four boys in the house, and has even been there in most of my musical composition in the last8-9 months, above and beyond my PC (and I use ProTools, you'd think that'd be hard to compete against!)

2. Transformer Prime: Just got this a few days ago. I'm impressed! First off, I love the keyboard. I've sold myself on getting a bluetooth keyboard for my iPad (I have no idea why I haven't done so before now...) because of the Prime. It's fast, versatile, and does a few things the iPad cannot currently do (once again, just small things, but things you tend to miss when moving back to the iPad). HOWEVER!! TP's ver. of Android (which all Android devices feels this way to me) is not exactly intuitive or "natural" feeling. I really had to figure out the right way to do certain tasks... too many button presses for a single task that should just take one. Most people who are used to Android devices would feel right at home. It's still taking me a bit to get used to it.

I'd write some specifics, but I've gotta jet. Do some reading on sites like Newegg (customer reviews) and TechReport (professional reviews) to get a better feel of which device might suit you best.
Nekkadys

Postby Nekkadys » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Oh, ps... either device... to suit MY needs: I've jailbroken all our iOS devices and I've rooted the Prime. Freedom rules! Cheers.
Nekkadys

Postby Johnson » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:59 pm

I have a android phone and I've thought about rooting it but most sites say its possible to get bricked. Do u think it's safe
Johnson

Postby Nekkadys » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Read this article, if you feel weary about it don't do it. It's step by step, so if you think the steps are easy enough to follow, it may be well worth the try. Caio man!
Nekkadys

Postby Johnson » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:38 pm

Ok thanks
Johnson

Next

Return to OFF-TOPIC